Thursday, August 27, 2009

Complementary Treatment for Shingles *addition*

THE ORTHODOX APPROACH

If the complaint is caught early enough and treatment starts within say 24 hours of the rash appearing, antiviral drugs will reduce the duration of the illness and lessen the risk of post-herpetic neuralgia. Strong pain-killers may also be prescribed. If shingles affects the forehead, the physician will examine your eyes to make sure that the cornea has not been harmed (sight can be damaged if treatment comes too late), and special eye drops will be prescribed to protect the eyesight. It is wise to wear loose fitting clothing so that the blisters are not rubbed and irritated. Cool baths may help relieve the pain.


ACUPUNCTURE

According to the theory of ancient Chinese medicine, shingles is caused by overheating along with viruses and toxins in the body. As one acupuncturist explains, “The principle of treatment is to tackle the overheating, to get through the blockages and to balance the body”.

He estimates that it normally takes about two weeks to clear up shingles. “Acupuncture alone is excellent for shingles and for the accompanying pain”, he says.

HYPNOTHERAPY

Post shingles pain can linger for a long time, often causing depression, and hypnotherapy can be most effective in dealing with this attendant aspect of the disease. When the patient is in a hypnotic state, visualization techniques can be used so that he or she sees the virus being expelled from the body and sees him/herself being well again.

HOMEOPATHY

One homeopath reports that “most cases of shingles show good improvement” using homeopathic remedies. He estimates that three to four consultations are usually adequate to produce results. The best known homeopathic remedies for shingles are Bellis per. and Hedera helix (ivy). Other commonly used remedies include Rhus tox. for the blistered, itchy skin, Apis mel if the skin burns or stings, and Mezereum for extreme pain and itching.

NATUROPATHY

There are dietary factors that are known to help or hinder the development of this painful disease. Specifically, there are two amino acids, lysine and arginine, which have an antagonistic effect on each other – arginine promotes herpes and lysine suppresses it. Therefore, foods rich in arginine and low in lysine are to be avoided. These include peanuts and other nuts, chocolate, various seeds (sunflower, poppy, and sesame), cereal grains (bread, breakfast cereals), raisins, gelatin and carob. Instead, choose foods which have a higher ratio of lysine to arginine, such as eggs, beans, fish, chicken, meat, potatoes, milk, and brewers’ yeast. One naturopath recommends that you drink red bush (Rooibosch) tea, which contains a bioflavonoid called quercetin that is useful in combating the herpes virus. In addition, aloe vera and liquorice can be taken internally and/or applied topically to help the rash.

Finally, for local, topical application, he recommends two treatments. Firstly, propolis, which has a “tremendous anti-viral effect”; and secondly lithium, an element found to inhibit herpes. It can be used in the form of an ointment containing lithium succinate with Vitamin E and zinc. “When applied to the blistered area four times daily, it can reduce the duration of the pain and discomfort considerably, easily by half”, he says.

SUPPORTIVE TREATMENTS

When combined with other remedies, the following therapies can be highly beneficial: the therapeutic properties of a Moor therapy drink or body treatment; the ancient Chinese exercise of Chi Kung, which balances the body’s energies and brings a sense of well-being; and the powerful effects of healing energy.

1 comments:

selles said...

It’s a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter herpes virus for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. ODUWA. I am LEOKADIA STELLA Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr. ODUWA online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr. ODUWA via his E-mail (DR.ODUWASPELLHOME@GMAIL .COM) and he did not responds to me in time and I went back to the same testimony for his mobile number and I called him immediately (+2348070685053) and he respond to my call. He welcome me as a daughter and I explain my four years situation to him and he said is done just as I have contacted him and I believed in him. Dr. ODUWA sends me some herbal medication for herpes cure and he gave me instruction on what to do and I obeyed his instruction. Changes started after three days of applying the herbal medication. I went to the same CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for test and i was herpes negative. I do not know how to thanks Dr. ODUWA for saving my life. To God be the Glory, I am living healthy with my family today.

Indeed, Dr. ODUWA is a great man

and the only thing he requested from me is to share my Testimony for the world to see for a safe living from herpes viral disease and just as I did.

God bless Dr. ODUWA for his good work....

Post a Comment